Commitment to the future
Easy-PC offers truly astounding price/performance in PCB design, a
professional level layout product available at computer store prices! Easy-PC
brings you features normally found in the world's most expensive PCB
design systems. Just take a look at the full datasheet and you'll see what
terrific value you get with Easy-PC!
Easy-PC comes complete with schematic capture fully integrated with PCB layout, using
a true connective database - not a net-list transfer as with some systems. You might like to
download the trial version and explore more of the key features for yourself.
Here are just some of the reasons so many people are buying Easy-PC.
What our customers say about Easy-PC
"Each version has been an improvement on the last one, in my
view it represents the best value for money on the market"
- Custom Cameras Ltd., Mr R Harris
"We never expected such a professional PCB system at this price" - CMS (UK) Ltd., Mr John Miles
"Brilliant software. Very easy to use"
- Malcolm Bell (London) Ltd., Mr M Bell
"You have very good customer service, impressive"
- AC/DC Lighting Systems, Mr John Gallagher
"Easy-PC for Windows is an excellent program,
I am extremely pleased with it"
- Mr J Bence, Newbury, Berks, UK
Delivering performance in Schematic Capture and PCB Layout, normally associated with products at ten or even twenty times
the price, Easy-PC rightly deserves the accolade "World-beating".
Professional software at an affordable price
Easy-PC has been created by a team of software professionals with some 150 man years experience in development of
leading-edge Electronic Design Automation solutions. The team has rewritten the rule book for EDA tools designed for low
to high complexity PCB layouts. Easy-PC is packed with timesaving features to make the task of PCB design and layout so much quicker and more
Simple to learn and understand, yet packed with powerful features
Easy-PC was designed to be quite simple to learn so that you, the customer, are productive within a few hours of practice with the product.
Frequently, new customers report they are producing their first board within a few days - or even hours - of installing the software - it really is that simple and intuitive!
Connective Data Structure
With a truly connective data structure, Easy-PC is electrically correct at all times. Electrical integrity is maintained throughout
the design process, from Schematic to PCB design editors, your design is always in-sync. Forward and backward annotation ensures
there are no human errors introduced at any stage.
Take a look at Easy-PC - we are sure you will be impressed
Just a glance at the following pages will show immediately the extensive range of capability within this exciting product.
We hope to include you as a much valued customer in the near future.
Easy-PC is provided with component libraries and symbols plus graphical tools to create them, but when time is a factor, you can also purchase ready-made
libraries from Ohio Automation. Four libraries are available:
Microcontroller library - Over 14,000 popular micro controller components.
Pro-library - Over 82,000 popular components with associated Schematic symbols and PCB footprints.
Connector Library - Over 15,900 popular connector components with associated Schematic symbols and PCB footprints.
IPC SM library - Over 1,250 components and PCB footprints created to the IPC Council's SM standard.
Two levels of Gerber import are available: Intelligent Gerber Import to rebuild your designs from Gerber
files and a Gerber viewer for simply reading and viewing Gerber files before manufacture. More details...
Two levels of auto-router are available for Easy-PC; Trace-Router is
supplied with some variants of Easy-PC and will handle most designs. The Pro-Router is a sophisticated, high performance router
which will handle dense, multi-layer fine line designs. More details...
For mechanical CAD (MCAD) packages which don't import the DXF format (Pro-Engineer or SolidWorks for example), export your design in IDF format.
For mechanical CAD (MCAD) packages or manufacturing front-end software, export your design in GenCAD format.
Specctra Router Export
If you already own the Specctra auto-router, interface to it using the DSN Export and Import Interface. Export
your design in DSN format and run Specctra, route it and return the routed results in SES format back into Easy-PC.
This interface is integrated and seamless, making life easier for you and allowing you to make best use of your
- Fully integrated Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
- True 32-bit Windows application
- True connective data model
- High-resolution (1m square design area, 1/10th degree angular rotation, 10 micron resolution)
- Unlimited elements per design*
- Technology files for rapid design setup
- Multi-level Undo and Redo
- Comprehensive 350-page printed Users Guide
- Library editing tools including library creation Wizards
- Library databook auto-generates datasheets
- Preview bar with birds-eye view and component 'bin'
- Fast-find of components, nets and errors
- Selective and cyclic picking
- Fast switch of colour settings
- Unlimited custom colours
- TrueType font support
- Customisable toolbars, menus and shortcut keys
- Cut, Copy, Paste and Duplicate of all design data
- Bi-directional cross-probe selection
- Manual 'sketch' routing mode
- 'Align' items feature
- Input and output to bitmap
- Export to Metafile
- Component Values editor
- User defined grids, optionally with different X and Y step
- User configurable bill of materials output
- Single-button-press plotting
- Output to Windows, Gerber, HP-GL, PDF and Excellon
- Step-and-repeat plotting
- DXF import and export
- Design Calculators
- Design Revision Analyser
- Shape editing panel
- Merge shapes
- Dotted and dashed line styles
- Auto-numbered sequential backup files
* Total pin count is limited only in pin-limited variants of the product
Key Schematic Features
- Hierarchical Schematics
- Bus definitions
- Multi-sheet design
- Colour by net
- Automatically update PCB with Schematic design changes
- Back annotation
- Reverse Engineer creates Schematic from PCB
- Design Rules Checking
Key PCB Layout Features
- Integrated component Auto-place
- Choice of optional integrated Autorouters : Trace-Router or Pro-Router
- Shape-based copper pour
- Full, split and partial power planes
- 3D visualisation of board
- Automatic track smoothing mode
- Automatic track mitring mode
- Star/Delta points
- Apply Layout Pattern
- Back annotate name changes to Schematic
- Automatic component rename
- Supports SMT, PTH and mixed technology, and components on both sides of board
- Unlimited layers and user-defined layer types
- Fast switch of layer visibility
- Net and via optimiser
- On-line and batch design rule checking
- ODB++ manufacturing output
- Gerber output
- Excellon NC Drill output
- Full Windows printer support
- Output to PDF without the need for a separate driver
- Supported on all recent Windows versions, full details here
- Supported under Windows 7and 8 [32 & 64 bit versions]
- Very modest hardware requirements, generally if the machine can run Windows efficiently then it can run Easy-PC
- We recommend at least 1Gb memory, 250Gb hard drive and a good resolution monitor for reasonable performance
- Large or complex designs and high-demand processes (autorouting, DRC, pour, etc) may benefit from additional memory and processor power